Health & Safety
Health and safety first. That’s our motto when it comes to looking after both our own staff and those we work alongside.
Ensuring a safe working environment has always been a top priority, giving us an enviable safety record and we are committed to keeping it that way. We do this by making regular safety checks and ensuring that all our staff have the right level of skills and qualifications for the job and that they undergo thorough training in safe working practices:
The right skills and qualifications
- All flooring and tiling site-based staff are fully CSCS accredited
- In addition. all site-based flooring staff have an NVQ Level 2 qualification in ‘Resilient and Textile Floor Coverings’
- Site Supervisors are also qualified in ‘NVQ Management’ and have undertaken the ‘Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme’
Health & safety accreditations
- CHAS - we have held a CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme) certificate since 2009.
- Achilles - we have achieved Achilles Building Confidence (Level 5) - a rigorous risk reduction accreditation process which demonstrates our compliance and improvement against an industry standard of excellence
- Acclaim - we have been awarded Acclaim Health & Safety Accreditation by Construction Line
Regular safety checks
- The company is annually audited by Achilles to monitor our continuous progress in risk reduction.
- Monthly site safety audits are carried out by independent Health & Safety consultants on every contract throughout the UK, to ensure that we maintain the highest Health & Safety standards throughout the business.